- Honors Flight takes Gianopulos to Washington D.C.
- Posted June 24, 2011 midnight
- Lifelong Taft resident Pete Gianopulos was the guest of Honors Flight at a weekend tour of monuments in the Washington D.C. Area. He travelled there with his grandson, Ryan Grantham. Honor's Flight gives WWII veterans a chance to see the monuments in their honor in the nation's capitol. All expenses for his trip to the Nation's capitol was paid for by Honor's Flight and Southwest Airlines flew him from Los Angeles to Washington and back free of charge. Gianopulos even got to meet Senator Bob Dole, who is also a World War II veteran.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Powerball ticket worth $2.3 million sold in Taft
- Trailer, generator stolen in McKittrick
- BLM names new manager for Bakersfield office
- Los Padres puts fire regulations into effect
- Burned Montview home targeted for demolition
- Kern County Sheriff's activity for May 16
- Woman barely escapes from fire that destroys South Taft home
- Fire near Frazier Park grows to 3,500 acres
- Kern County Sheriff's activity for May 15
- Kern County Sheriff's activity for May 14
- Kern County Sheriff's activity for May 13
- Read more top stories