Washer, dryer and compressor burn

Fire damaged a washing machine, dryer and air compressor in the garage of a Valley Acres home Friday morning.

The small fire filled the garage and house at the north end of Maple Street with smoke, but it was extinguished before causing any major damage to the structure.

The fire was discovered by a Westside Mosquito and Vector Control District employee who was checking on mosquito fish in the area.
Larry Brown said he saw smoke coming from the front of the garage  just before 8 a.m. and called 911.

He said he attempted to contact the residents of the house but no one was home.

 Kern County Capt. Guy Finochiarro said the fire damage was limited to the appliances in the garage.