Victims had to break out window after fire breaks out at 2:45 a.m.

Three people had a narrow escape from an early morning house fire in South Taft Monday.
Kern County Fire Department Capt. Joaquin Gaeta said an overheated extension cord started a fire in a small, 1,000-square foot home on the 100 block of Buena Vista Street about 2:45 a.m.
There were no working smoke detectors in the home, Gaeta said.
The three adults living in the home were  awakened by the smoke and broke out a window to escape.?They suffered minor cuts getting out of the home, Gaeta said.
No loss figure was immediately available, but Gaeta said there was substantial fire and smoke damage to the small home and its contents.
The Red Cross responded to assist the  fire victims.