Fox hosting 'sensory-friendly' showing of Oz
- Theater will lower volume, turn lights up a bit to make it easier for people with autism, other sensory disorders to enjoy movie
Taft Fox Theater is hosting a sensory-friendly showing of the movie Oz the Great and Powerful next week.
This showing on Saturday, March 16 at 3 p.m. is to help individuals with autism, ADHD, and other sensory disorders, and their families enjoy a movie in an accepting environment.
During this showing, the lights will be up and the sound turned down for a less-stimulated and more comfortable environment.
During the showing:
· The lights will be turned up
· The sound will be turned down
· Audience members are invited to get up, dance, walk, shout or sing as long as it doesn't interfere with the safety of other guests.
· Families with children on special diets are allowed to bring in their own snacks
· The concession stand will be open.