Francisco Rios-Ortiz disappeared for 3 years, but he was arrested earlier this month and is being held without bail.
A man accused of causing a three-car pileup north of Taft three years ago that injured seven people will be back in court on Aug. 29.
Francisco Rios-Ortiz is now 41 years old.
He was 38 at the time of the Sept. 5, 2010 crash at Highway 119 and Midway Road.
Rios-Ortiz fled the scene of the crash and was arrested about 8 hours after the accident, walking along Highway 119 in the Valley Acres area.
Rios-Ortiz was originally held on $112,500 bail.
Details about how or when he was released were not immediately available.
But he disappeared for nearly 3 years after failing to appear for his arraignment, Kern County Superior Court records show.
Kern County Jail records show he was booked back into jail here on August 5 on a no-bail warrant for the charges stemming from the accident.
He is also being held on a no-bail parole hold by the United States Border Patrol.
He was scheduled to be in Taft on Thursday but that was postponed until Aug. 29.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 3.
Rios-Ortiz is accused of felony drunk driving causing injury, hit and run resulting in permanent serious injury and driving without a license.
Rios-Ortiz, the California Highway Patrol said at the time, was driving a Subaru Forester southbound on Highway 119 just after 11 p.m. when it slammed into the rear of a Saturn sedan with four people inside.
The Saturn, also southbound, had stopped for a red light.
The impact pushed the Saturn into a big rig hauling propane that was making a left turn at the time.
The four people in the Saturn were all injured.
So were two passengers in the Forester that the CHP says was driven by Rios-Ortiz
The most serious injury was to a toddler, Alexis Ramirez of Taft, then two years old.
She was flown from the scene by helicopter to KMC.