Changes and improvements are in the works
Mt. Shasta Ski Park has announced that it expects to open for the 2013-14 season by mid-December.
The Ski Park held its annual job fair Nov. 9 to start the hiring process for the upcoming season. More jobs are available, according to a press release.
Among the changes and improvements made during the summer, the Ski Park reports:
• Removing the rope tow and installing a new 300-foot Sun Kids moving carpet in the Panther Creek base. It will provide service to tubing and ski/snowboard learning guests.
• Remodeling the deck on the Panther Creek side of the upper lodge, providing more seating, event space and a fire pit.
• Expanding hours for the tubing center that will be located in the Panther Creek area. The tubing center will operate seven days a week, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Prices will be $20 for adults and $15 for children.
Daily operations will be seven days a week. Day skiing will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Night skiing will be 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Night skiing tickets will be $20.
The Ski Park says it will offer free night skiing with the purchase of a half-day ticket. During holiday periods night skiing will be extended to 9 p.m.
Scheduled events include:
• The New Year’s Party on Dec. 31. Lifts will be open until 10 p.m. Festivities will include a Torch Light Parade, a DJ in the main lodge and a fireworks show at 9 p.m.
• The annual Big Air Contest Feb. 22
• The Rail Jam March 22.
• The Pond Skim April 12.
• Other events are in the works.
The Ski Park is introducing a new program this year called the Coyote Joe Rewards Club, which will be available to both ticket and season pass holders. Participating members sign up in Guest Services and earn points for every Ski Park visit. Rewards include free Ski Park merchandise, lift tickets, lessons and snow cat ride. The individual with the most visits at the end of the year earns a free season pass for 2014-15.
Adult lift ticket prices will be $34 Monday through Thursday. Friday through Sunday and Holiday periods will be $44. The Ski Park says it will continue to have ticket deals with Shell Gas Stations and Holiday Quality Foods.