Up to a half inch of rain could fall overnight

 A fairly strong storm system will bring gusty winds and then overnight rain to the Taft area.

Southerly winds are expected to pick up today with gusts as high as 25 miles per hour.

Stronger gusts are possible along the 1-5 corridor and in the extreme south end of the valley.
Gusts to 50 miles an hour were reported on the Grapevine Friday morning.

The rain is expected to hit later tonight and continue as showers all day Saturday.
There is a 100 percent chance of rain tonight and a 60 percent chance of showers on Saturday, tapering off to 40 percent Saturday night.

The rains are expected to start sometime around 10 p.m. tonight and could drop a quarter-inch to half-inch of rain overnight.

There is also a slight chance of a thunderstorm Saturday as cold air aloft comes over the area during the heat of the day.

After Saturday’s showers, the weather should dry out for a couple of days.

Another system is expected to brush the area Tuesday and Tuesday night and bring a slight chance of showers.

Another storm is expected about this time next week, too.