Snow could fall to low levels, impact traffic on Highway 166

Clouds started increasing at midday Monday as what may be a wet week starts in the Taft area.
Rain chances increase to 50 percent through Monday evening with a slight (20 percent) chance continuing into Tuesday afternoon.
Anywhere from a tenth to one-quarter inch of rain is possible in the Taft area.
It's going to be a cold storm with low snow levels, so a winter weather advisory has been issued for the Kern County mountains, including I-5 over the Grapevine and Highway 166 over Grocer Grade.
Even the Temblor Range to the west of Taft could get a dusting of snow late Monday night or early Tuesday morning as snow levels drop to the 2,500 foot level.
For Taft there's a 50 percent chance of rain overnight Monday in to Tuesday tapering off to 30 percent Tuesday morning and 20 percent by the afternoon.
That's not going to be the end of the rain, though.
Another storm system is expected to move in on Thursday, brining a chance of showers continuing through Friday before tapering off late Friday into Saturday.
Temperatures will remain cool with an overnight low Monday night near 36, warming to just 50 on Tuesday.
Wednesday will start out the coolest day of the week with lows dipping into the mid 30s before dawn before warming as bit to the upper 50s.
Thursday's storm will be a bit warmer that Monday's so overnight lows will stay in the upper 30s to low 40s with afternoon highs in the upper 50s to low 60s.